CanSkate Information - What Your Skater Needs
Welcome to Our Club! We can not wait for your skater to join in on the fun!! In order to assist your skater in being successful, the following equipment is required.
**Please note that this program is an unparented program. Parents are allowed to watch, but can not participate in the program.
- Skaters will need a helmet, skates, warm clothing, and gloves/mittens. For safety reasons, the skin should not be exposed. Guards would be appreciated
- Skaters will NOT be allowed on the ice without a CSA approved hockey helmet (**see image below)
- Be sure that skates are tightened properly to provide good ankle support (*see image below)
- Blades should be sharpened before the start of each season. When the skater is not on the ice, wear guards to protect the blades, and prevent dulling. When the skater is finished skating, wipe the blades dry with a soft cloth
- When buying skates, make sure they fit properly and provide good ankle support. See link for more information: Help In Choosing The Right Skates
*Proper Skate Support
**All skaters must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet to be allowed on the ice. The helmets MUST have the CSA sticker (bicycle and ski helmets are not allowed)**